School Intake Information
Regent House School
Regent House School - a brief overview.
Regent House School is situated in the town of Newtownards about 12 miles from Belfast. The school has a long history and started in 1878 as the “Newtownards Intermediate School.” This school lasted until 1895 and it was revived in 1919 with 34 pupils. In 1924 it merged with The Ladies’ School. Between 1924 and 1962 the school grew rapidly from 155 pupils to 842 pupils. Today the school, on its current site at Circular Road in Newtownards, has close to 1500 pupils. The school takes its name from Regent House in Regent Street, Newtownards which was where the school was located in 1928.
Demand for places in year 8 is always high and Regent House School uses the new SEAG Single Entrance Transfer Test results as part of its intake criteria into year 8.