School Intake Information
Our Lady's Grammar School, Newry
Our Lady's Grammar School, Newry - a brief overview.
Our Lady’s Grammar School, in the town of Newry, was founded by the Sisters of Mercy order in 1887 with just 9 pupils. Very shortly after its foundation the school moved to larger premises in Canal Street in Newry. This girls’ school continued to grow in size and now has around 900 pupils. In 1992 the school moved to its current site on Chequer Hill, Newry. The school is known for the high academic achievement of its pupils. The school has space for 120 pupils in year 8.
Our Lady’s Grammar School uses the new SEAG Single Entrance Transfer Test results as part of its intake criteria into year 8.