School Intake Information
Larne Grammar School
Larne Grammar School - a brief overview.
Larne Grammar School was founded in 1886 by Sir Edward Coey and John Crawford. Today it has around 760 pupils and 50 teaching staff. It is a co-educational grammar school situated in the town of Larne. The school was initially set up as a boys’ boarding and fee-paying school. During its early years it had very few pupils and was threatened with closure. The school closed during the First World War and after it reopened it merged with Larne Girls’ School in 1922. The school has had a number of extensions and new builds. An interesting fact is that the school building has sufficient solar panels to provide enough energy to power the entire school.
As part of its year 8 intake process Larne Grammar School uses the new SEAG Single Entrance Transfer Test results.