Belfast High School
Belfast High School a brief overview.
Belfast High School (BHS) which is a co-educational voluntary grammar school which is now situated in Jordanstown, Newtownabbey. John Pyper established the school as Pyper Academy in 1854 and the name was changed to the Belfast Mercantile Academy shortly afterwards. In 1874, it moved to new premises at Glenravel Street, Belfast and by 1963 the whole school had moved to its current site at Ardilea House, Jordanstown just outside Belfast. The school has over 900 pupils and pupils obtain excellent results at GCSE and A level.
Belfast High School uses the new SEAG Single Entrance Transfer Test results as part of its intake criteria into year 8.